Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Living Room Inspiration

When we first saw the living room it was a little dark. The living room lacked a ceiling light...there was a switch to an outlet for a floor light but adding a ceiling light fixture will really help brighten up the living room. The electric baseboards have since been torn out and the hardwoods will be refinished before we move in.  Other than that the changes in this room are just decor.  So simple compared to demolishing walls and painting cabinets! This is how the room looked when we were house hunting:



The current condition of our living room is a mess compared to the photos shown above.  I am pretty sure we have a toilet sitting in the middle of the living room due to both bathrooms being in the process of a complete overhaul as well.  But a girl can dream.  So here is where I hope to see our living room go from here.



1. This pretty coffee table from Pier 1 would be a pretty option without spending too much $$ on new furniture. I love the coastal cottage feel of the antique white with the pewter handles.

2.  LOVE this rug.  This was the first item I purchased for our new living room. I loved it so much I thought why not work around it?  This was a purchase from Joss & Main. The event has closed but rugs similar to this pop up all the time on other events.

3.  Possibly a future DIY project vs. a future Joss & Main purchase.  If we decide to do an ottoman instead of a coffee table I love the tufted look of this one.

4.  I love the look of drapes hung high overlying bamboo roman shades.  I found this inspiration picture here.

5.  This gray sectional from West Elm would make for pretty and comfy living room seating.

6.  I love the colors in this room from House of Turquoise.  

7.   I found the fabric for our living room curtains here.  I have already made two curtain panels and four envelope style pillow cases with this fabric.  The best part was this project cost less than $60. The damask curtain fabric and the graphic rug will be the "bolder" aspects of this room and I plan to keep the walls, sectional, and other details more neutral.

8. Blue, gray, and crisp white.  Something about this palette I find so soothing.  I found this inspiration picture here.

9.  Love the soft blue hydrangeas and colors in this room.

10.  I found a chandelier on Pottery Barn's website that I loved.  Then I found it on Overstock for much less and loved it even more!

11.  Love the color and simplicity of this fabric.
  
12. A pretty gray for the walls.

13.  This sectional from Haverty's is the perfect neutral gray.

Now to get that toilet out of the living room...

xo
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment